My audio book preview is online



Comments

Polly Kahl said…
Wow John, that's a competely different experience than reading the book. Can't wait to hear the whole thing. It's going to be moving, on a whole new level.
John Robison said…
Polly, I'm very glad to hear it works and sounds good. You'll be shocked to hear it, but my computer here has no sound card so I had to take it on faith that it was good.

It could have been the theme song from the Sopranos for all I could have told.

Now you make me want to find a computer with sound and play it to see what you heard.
Polly Kahl said…
I AM shocked! You, with the state of the art fun-as-hell expensive vehicles, and a generous book advance, have no sound card? It's hard to imagine you without such a simple doohickey.
http://computers.search.ebay.com/sound-card_Desktop-Laptop-Components_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQcatrefZC2QQfromZR40QQsacatZ3667QQsatitleZQ22soundQ20cardQ22
Cheap and easy to install. Then you can hear yourself, and worry that you not only look like a goofus on video, you sound like one on audio too (just like the rest of us do about ourselves.)
Michelle O'Neil said…
Awesome John! You sound great. You have a very sweet voice.

Just this little bit is a masterful teaching.

Thank you, thank you!
John Robison said…
I just listened to it, and it's OK. It's a long passage, too.

Michelle . . . the whole thing is probably worth listening to for anyone with a kid on the spectrum. I'd think any kid 10 or older could listen to it.

There's something about how we talk, isn't there? Can you hear the Asperger's in my voice?

I've said before, Temple Grandin and I have striking similarities in speech patterns. I suspect it's not just her and me, but a previously unrecognized autistic/Aspergian trait.

And things like my audio book will spread knowledge as people listen to me and say, Hey! He sounds like my kid!
Aprilynne Pike said…
What a great segment!! I am SO excited for this book to come out!!

Popular Posts