We're Off and Running With the School!
- We have a parent school with a long history of teaching kids with challenges;
- We pledge to develop and implement state of the art teaching programs, evaluate their success, and fine tune them for best outcomes;
- Tri County has strong supports for our students and controls bullying;
- Students in the auto program will learn a valuable trade;
- Students will be exposed to all the commercial operations of our complex, allowing them to see real work being done, and making what they learn in class that much more real;
- Students will have the chance to earn industry certifications that will help them get good jobs;
- We will offer internships right in our complex, allowing students to “ease into” real work in a safe supported setting. We will also help place kids in other safe friendly settings to maximize their chances for success on graduation;
- And finally – much of the vision for this school comes from me – an autistic adult who made a good life practicing a trade. I’ll be there to mentor and advise our students, and I'll be backed up by one of the most capable special ed teams in the state.
(Above) The lighthouse at Byron Bay, Australia, is sited at the easternmost point of the Australian continent.